Courtesy of Whitetail Properties Real Estate, LLC, Shawn Kelley.
Property Type: Farm
Year Built: 1900
Days On Website: 119
We are excited to bring to market South Walton Farms, an exceptional turn-key hunting property in quality and magnitude providing unmatched hunting opportunity that just simply cannot be found anywhere else in southern Michigan! Extremely secluded, this end of the road property is still close to local amenities and within driving distance of major cities. Brimming with wildlife including whitetails, turkeys, waterfowl, and upland game this diverse tract is a hunter and conservationist's paradise! QDM and conservation practices have been in place for over 40 years allowing you to step into superior whitetail age structure and habitat that has been designed to increase carrying capacity of all wildlife in a uniquely natural setting. An established shooting preserve is in place allowing allowing for put and take shooting 9 months out of the year. This is coupled with a custom Laporte 8 station clay target trap course to make this a next level shooting sport getaway. It also classifies the property as agricultural which helps keep the taxes manageable. Full of heavy security cover, native grasses, forbs, mixed timber (including oak, pine, maple, and walnut), Battle Creek River frontage, wetland with water control structures for ducks and geese, strategically placed hunting blinds, and miles of manicured road system create an incredible tract! This property has a gated access with circle drive at the renovated main lodge, guest quarters also known as the Bear Den, outbuildings, and sporting clay range. Contiguous tracts of this size are a rarity, and this has some of the best habitat and land features for growing and hunting some world class deer in southern Michigan. If you are looking for a one-of-a-kind property for deer, turkeys, and waterfowl let us know and we would love to spend a day showing you around South Walton Farms!!
- Road Surface Type: "Unimproved"
- 2 full bathrooms
- 1 half bathroom
- 3 total bathrooms
- 9 total bedrooms
- Architectural Style: "Farm House"
- Building Area Total: 2,744
- Construction Materials: "Vinyl Siding"
- Living Area: 2,744
- Year Built: 1900
- 2 stories
- Features: "Living"
- Building includes fireplace
- Garage Included
- 2 garage spaces
- Water Body Name: Battle Creek River
- Waterfront Features: "Private Frontage"
- Heating: "Forced Air", "Propane", "Wood"
- Heating Included
- Features: "Guest Quarters"
- Listing Contract Date: 2022-11-25
- Listing Id: 22049173
- Listing Terms: "Cash", "Conventional"
- Mls Status: Active
- Modification Timestamp: 2022-11-28 02:34:22
- On Market Date: 2022-11-28
- Standard Status: Active
- Status Change Timestamp: 2022-11-28 01:17:51
- City: Olivet
- State Or Province: MI
- County Or Parish: Eaton
- Postal Code: 49076
- MLS Area Major: Eaton County - E
- MLS Area Minor: Eaton County - E
- Features: "Recreational", "Tillable", "Wetland Area", "Wooded"
- 544 acres
- Area: 544
- 23,696,640 square feet
- Other Structures: "Barn(s)", "Guest House", "Pole Barn"
- Parcel Number: 14001830008000
- Property Sub Type: Farm
- Topography: "Level":"1", "Rolling Hills":"1"
- Roof: "Shingle"
- Rooms Total: 20
- Middle Or Junior School District: Olivet
- Sewer: "Septic System"
- Annual Amount: $11,556
- Tax Year: 2021
- Water Source: "Well"
$3,500,000 - 5750 Messenger Highway, Olivet, MI 49076
5750 Messenger Highway
Olivet, MI 49076